Friday, September 25, 2015

Sarchu

En-route Sarchu-

The roads were steep but the surrounding was beautiful. There was fear in my heart and a long way to go. I went ahead with my journey listening to Mohd. Rafi's- Mai zaindagi ka saath nibhata chala gaya and looking back at the journey of my life and I felt really happy with where I was. Life is beautiful, it is the perspective with which you look at it.

I was taking a power nap when I was woken up with a jolt, our car had met an accident! There was a bike right in the middle of the road crushed, petrol leaking from it and a guy under it. Our car had crashed into the mountain wall and front end of the car was damaged. Our car driver started shouting at the motorbike driver "You wrong", the other guy was confused and terrified. He wasn't Indian, he was from Germany and did not understand how to explain or discuss what happened. I felt sorry for him, he kept saying that the car was on his line which I knew could have been true because I had seen the car driver driving on the middle of the road. After long discussion, other bikers intervening and police a settlement was made. I was relived that the German guy was alive and nothing happened to us. One small mistake and a life can be lost on these roads.
I am not here to judge but I was really disappointed with my fellow passengers reaction to this particular incident. They blamed the biker completely for the accident, they suggested filing a case on him and all that stuff which didn't feel right. I wish people had more compassion!

Another car was arranged for us, thanks to our group leader Mr. Vinay. He always made sure about our safety. We resumed our journey and made a stop at the ZingZing Bar 21kms from Baralach La. I felt the hit of cold and the water was almost ice. For some reason I liked it, I felt a little nostalgic, I missed UK. I had a cup of hot tea to comfort my soul and absorb everything I was experiencing in quite. It was good!

Sarchu-

After few more hours of journey, we reached Sarchu. I was starving! I dumped my stuff into our tent and rushed into the canteen to have some food. It was quite cold, Sarchu is at 14,070 ft altitude. Everyone rushed back into their tents after food as they couldn't take the cold but I wasn't ready to sleep. I was here to experience all this, I wanted more! It was a starry night and moon looked beautiful, I walked around the tents taking deep breaths inhaling the cold air. I was so happy that I was there and doing this, I was actually jumping there with joy :D I headed back to my tent to sleep but the cold was catching up, I couldn't get to get my feet warm no matter how long I kept the hot bottle under it. I had a sleepless night! Once, I woke up and started giving myself Reiki, energizing my body to produce some heat. I am not sure if it worked but I guess my subconscious was satisfied and I went back to sleep luckily waking up again only in the morning. I did not leave the tent before I got ready for the journey because I was in no mood for going in and out of the tent in that cold. But I was so wrong, morning was beautiful, sun shining right through the mountains, warm light touching my body and barren beauty all around me.





No comments:

Post a Comment